Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Mccall's M6556 Fashion Star Dress


M6556

So, I'm a little late with this, but thats ok because I'm just starting this blog. But, I did make this garment a few months ago. I loved it when I saw it on the show Fashion Star and couldn't wait for the pattern to be released. It was a super easy make!



Here's my REVIEW

Pattern Description: MISSES' DRESSES: Pullover dresses have narrow hems. A: loose-fitting, tucked front and back extend into armhole drape. B: very close-fitting, bias self bindings (armhole extends into shoulder straps).

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, it did. BUT, since I am a curvy girl, this didn't work out as a dress for me. Its more like a pull over that I will wear with leggings or a pair of skinny jeans

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, the instructions were very easy to follow.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Dislike: personally, I don't like cutting out patterns that are large in size like this one was, but at least it didn't have too many pieces.

Fabric Used: I used a very light weight cotton almost sweater like material (sorry) I just can't remember the name or type of fabric. All I know is, it worked just perfect for this pattern. I made this some time ago. I've never sewn with striped or plaids before, so I wasn't consious of the directions, so it was too late when I sewed everything together the back was going in another directions, but I think overall thats what makes this dress/pull over a little special (;

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: None really. But, I did have to take in the waist area just a little bit and thats because I wanted it to be a little more form fitting, especially since I'll be wearing this as a pull over, instead of a dress.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes, I would sew it again, but not anytime soon, this is more suited for the summer and its getting cold now where I am. If I do sew it again, I was thinking that I may add a sleeve to the other arm- I thought that would be cute
Conclusion:
Overall, this was an easy make, its very comfortable and cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment